Monday, November 9, 2009

Computer-less--AGAIN!!

The last time I posted in this blog, I had just received a used Gateway 450 ROG laptop, after the IBM ThinkPad I had been using was stolen. Although the Gateway generally performed well--and running Windows 7 Release Candidate 1, no less!--I soon began to experience problems, first with the battery (which I had expected in view of the laptop's age), and then with the power terminal which the laptop's AC adapter plugged into in the back of the unit.

The problem has now worsened to the point that the laptop has become flat-out unusable. I have therefore been compelled to attempt to sell the unit, and am now confined to using computers at the Nashville State Community College library, the Fairview Public Library, and, on occasion, at the Vanderbilt University Central Library.

Thankfully, I was able to transfer all of my data files to an external hard drive before the laptop failed altogether. Unfortunately, since I have now been unemployed for some six months, I have no way of obtaining another computer on my own. I will have to wait until I can get another job to progress any further as far as building a "living room" PC is concerned. Until then, I will be writing in this blog on other topics, including (but not limited to) severe weather safety, sourdough baking, and--believe it or not!--Western clothing and fashion, especially vintage-style Western clothing. STAY TUNED!!

No comments: